Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

HI everyone can i join?

hi i had my third baby on monday so am moving in from pregnancy!! hi everyone!

He was 2 weeks late and i was induced. We named him Ben and he was 8lb13oz and he is just gorgeous!!!

I do have one question though...

I cant remember if it is normal and my midwife not coming back til friday, so thought id ask here quickly before phoning her..is it normal for cord to have very slight smell to it?? i tried googling and see that a bad smell can mean infection. The midwwife saw him yesterday and it seemed fine as she didnt mention anything about cord stump. it is going black at bottom under clip and is still kind of yellow at top, not healed up there yet. Although he is my third and my last child is only 2yrs i seem to have forgotten alot of things! so would appreciate if anyone can advise, thanks xx

Replies

• Options
    Hello! You've probably called your midwife by now but had the same with my lo, was really worried and it made me gag a little but she said it was fine, just to clean it with damp cotton wool, it went black and yellow and a bit oozy before it finally fell off! Yuk! Get her to check it if you're still worried though. Congratulations on your new addition! image