Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

does anyone have SIlver Cross 3D pram?

hi just wondering if anyone has this pram, as its what i have and as my baby is only 5 days old, i have some questions.

how long did your baby last in the pram liner part? my baby was 8lb13 when born and he still looks quite small in it, but i have read alot of reviews saying their babies didnt fit in this part for very long.

did you use the car seat on the buggy much? i dont drive so only really use car seat if we are in someone elses car, and even then i feel the buggy part is quite big to fit in some boots...i didnt considert this when buying as it is not really a necessity for me, for it to fit in a boot as we dont have a car.

would you ever use the car seat so baby is facing you but too big for pram liner? how lng can they be in car seat part for? (ive heard its bad for their posture??)

have you ever used forward facing buggy part for a young baby ie. newborn ish and how did you find this?

sorry for all the questions, but i also ive a few floors up and leave pram at bottom, so i have to carry baby down to pram, so trying to figure if carrying him down in carseat and clicking it on at bottom would be feasible, but i really love using white liner, so just weighing up my options, thanks xx

Replies

• Hi I have the 3D but not the car seat.

Lily was about 4 months when she came out of the lay down cot-like bit & she then started facing forward in it as a buggy. She was 7lbs 4oz at birth.

She couldn't sit up unaided at this point but was fine.

She could have had a bit longer laying down but liked being able to see what was going on.

With regards car seats & posture I have heard it is not good for them to be crunched up for more than an hour or so at a time. Their growing backs benefit from laying flat.

HTH xxx
  • http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/safety/carseatsleepexpert/

I dont have this pram but do have a travel system with a clip on car seat- I think it depends what your doing- a quick nip to the supermarket or to a friends when time in the car seat will be less than a couple of hours is fine but if you're gonna be out for any longer length of time they are better laid flat x
  • I have the 3D for DS and love it. He was in the pram liner till 5 months, he still fit in it but was too nosey and wanted to see out so I put him in the forward facing pushchair bit and he loves it. I have a clio and the pram fits easily into the boot with room for a bit of shopping too.

I have a maxi cosi car seat that will also attach onto the pram but have never used it like that as like you said it's bad for their posture.

The pushchair part is very padded and lays flat so it can be used for a newborn but if your worried you could always pad it out with a few more blankets x
  • I've got this, ds is 17 months and I still love it! We don't have the car seat though.

We used the pram top for just over six months, and even used it when we went away instead of taking a moses basket a few times. He was 7lbs 1oz when he was born, I only moved him because he liked looking round and had probably had enough of looking up at me! I loved the pram top, it was brill, especially considering I could chuck it in the wash if he was ever a bit sicky on it.

I love it, I fully intend to use it with any more babies we have!
  • I loved my silvercross 3d when the girls were tiny (youngest is almost 5 months now - eeck, that went fast!) but they did grow out of it quick, both were about 6 weeks old when I put them forward facing, (DD1 was too big for the pram part by then, DD2 prob could have stayed in it a bit longer, but she loved watching the world go by).

Both loved being forward facing, and we haven't looked back, although I do miss pushing my baby in a pram!

Sorry - we don't have the carseat, so can't comment on that.

xxx
  • I loved this pushchair & would still be using it if I didn't now need a double.

DD stayed in pram part till 5 months, could have been longer but she was too nosey!! So I moved her into the pushchair part, she was just starting to sit unaided then so it was fine. We never used the car seat attatchment as putting it on if in pram mode was a bit diddly with having to convert to a pushchair mode first & by the time we used it in pushchair mode she preferred seeing where she was going.
  • I loved my 3D pram and I am also using it for this baby. My dd was premature so I was able to use the carrycot part for longer than most. I then did transfer her into the forward facing and she was content and very comfortable. She actually slept in the house during the day in it up until she was 3 as she thought it was so comfy. I did use the car seat on top of the pram but not for too long at a time. It is a bit heavy to carry though if you are going in somewhere quick. It is still a nice pram with the car seat on top of the frame. I would def recommend the pram.
  • My sister has it her little one was in the pram for about 3 months, she was 8.2 when born. She rarely used the car seat on the pushchair after she had out grown the pram the push chair lies flat and she wasn't that worried about being in there. She has only just booted her daughter out of it at 2 1/2 and only because her son has come along and she is using it for him. x
  • We have the 3d in sugared almonds for our daughter anna. It is so pretty and easy to use.

She was premature so space was never an isuue. She slept in it at night when she stayed at my mums too.

I moved her from top to front facing buggy about 4/5 months cos she was fed up not seeing everythning and because the weather was better.

She was still v small but i strapped her in well and put it back a bit.xxx
  • I have this pram and I brought it for my daughter when she was 14 months old so have never used it as the lay down pram.

I will be using it for my next baby and just wondered if you fold the pushchair down in the pram mode so it can go it the car without taking bits off of it.

I had the maxi cost ura4 when I have my daughter and loved it but where I am in and out the car all the time found this too time consuming as you have to take the seat off then then hood then fold the wheels away.

Thank you
  • I have the 3d for my son who is now 19 weeks old .I  also had the Ventura plus car seat as this was a freebie with the pram in the shop. I've never ever used the 3d as a pram as I drive a lot and clipped the car seat on the pushchair.alto too add I might of used it as a pram alot more if it was more simpler to chair from a pram to a stroller again !!  I never got to use the baby Nest either as my son was 10.60z so he more or less filled the whole car seat plus he was 56cm so his feet were at the end of the seat dangling !!! I wouldn't recommend the car seat as it was such a pain to get in and out of the car and was very heavy with him in it ( its not light to start with either ) I'm now planning to use the 3d as just as pushchair 

oh and it is also quite heavy once collapsed I never noticed how much it weighed as I was heavily pregnant when we got it and had a c-section so couldn't pick it up until he was around 2 months old

-all in all I wished I had purchashed the surf as many ppl I speak to highly recommend this one