Forum home Babies Baby

first period after baby?

hi my baby is almost 3 weeks old, and for the past few days my bleeding seemed to have eased off quite a bit to a very light period. but yesterday and today, each time i been to toilet there is loads of blood down toilet, and when i come out bath or shower it is running down my legs (sorry tmi), i am just wondering if this could be my first period as its got heavy again or whether it is too early. this is my third baby but i cant remember what is the norm!it isalso a little clotty (sorry again!)

i do feel a bit crampy and def feel a bit irritable but again, this culd just be normal with lack of sleep.

i am not BF so this woulnt affect periods.

can anyone help?

Replies

• not sure love as i bf but could be from the movement?

my HV said that when u stand or walk u can sort of set it off again?

i dont know if u can have a period that fast? but maybe?

if ur clotting then maybe its not and its just some lochia thats being stubborn

xx
  • I think it's prob to early for your period. With both of mine the bleeding eased off and then came back a couple of times. With DD1 I thought it was my 1st period as it was about 6 weeks in and I'd stoped bleeding for about a week before hand however I didn't have another til she was about 5 months so in hindsight I think it was still lochia.
  • It sounds a little too soon for a period, I was always led to believe periods would normally return after 12wks had passed but then I've always BF so haven't had mine return for months.
  • thanks ladies, i have since realised that it is prob just still postnatak bleeding, as it has eased off again, and i would say it is def almost gone now. x