Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Umbilical hernia?

I've just been putting Grace (1 year) to bed and she was crying as she's a bit unwell after her MMR. Anyway I noticed that every time she cried a 20p sized lump bulged above her tummy button. It went in between cries and seemed quite soft when I touched it but is this an umbilical hernia?? I've never noticed it before but to be fair she's not often crying while I'm changing her so maybe I just haven't seen it?

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm also not sure how urgently I need to get her to the docs as iwant it checked out but it's not causing any discomfort and it's really hard to get an early appt at my docs unless you book in advance so I'm going to struggle to get anything but an emergency appt before weds/thurs and I don't ink this is an emergency as such...

What do you think???

Replies

• Options
    It sounds like a hernia, bring her to the gp, no rush on it but i was told with my first little girl that if it hadnt went away by 7 months they would operate but that was almost 4 years ago so not sure what they do now. x
  • Options
    Tyler had one around 3 months old. His cleared up when it was 11 months. The Dr said if its not gone by 1 then they may operate. Hope it goes soon hun xx