Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Taxi to airport help.

Im after some advice, We are going on holiday when my DS will be 18 months, there is 5 of going and wont all fit in our little car. We thought about getting a taxi but don't know what to do about a car seat?? Anyone been in this situation or got any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Options
    Our local taxi service have car seats that you can use, you just have to prebook them and they charge ??5 extra per trip. Might be worth ringing round to see if any local firms do this x
  • Options
    Hi,

We went to Sweden when our LO was 11 months old and I looked up everything in advance as we didn't want to take a car seat and needed a taxi.

Unless anything had changed (this was nov 09) you can seat a small child on your lap within the long part of a seat belt in a licensed taxi or minicab for short journeys. We did this with our DD in taxi to and from airport and within Sweden too.

I think I found the info on dvla website. X
  • Options
    last year we got married in the seychells and took our 3 kiddies,we hired a mini bus to take us there and back,we used our own car seats and they stored them untill they came and picked us up
  • Options
    forgot to say they were a 3 1;2 year old and the twins were 20 months old
  • Options
    last year we got married in the seychells and took our 3 kiddies,we hired a mini bus to take us there and back,we used our own car seats and they stored them untill they came and picked us up

This is exactly what we did. The best thing is to have a ring around some carriers and ask them if they have any special dispensations for babys. Some carriers do operate with their own equipment. My dad owns a taxi firm and he has some cars specially outfitted for this.
  • Options
    last year we got married in the seychells and took our 3 kiddies,we hired a mini bus to take us there and back,we used our own car seats and they stored them untill they came and picked us up This is exactly what we did. The best thing is to have a ring around some carriers and ask them if they have any special dispensations for babys. Some carriers do operate with their own equipment. My dad owns a taxi firm and he has some cars specially outfitted for this.

We went on hols in April with a 20 month old and a 6 month old and the taxi firm took the car seats back to the office after they dropped us off and bought them when they picked us up. I was also told by the airline we flew with that if I wanted to take the car seat it doesn't come out of luggage allowance and there is no charge for it but I chose not to take it. x