Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Possetting out their nose?

Hi,

Does anyones else's lo's possett out their nose? Poor Madelyn is 9 weeks, was 6 weeks early, and does this after most feeds. It is getting less, but I feel so sorry for her as often you can hear fluid rattling behind her nose and she makes gurgly noises and chipmunk like noises like she's trying to get rid of it. I keep her head elevated but it still comes up, it must feel awful as it can smell rather acidic!

Anyone have experience of this? Anything i can do or when she should grow out of it?

Thanks image

Replies

• Options
    Hello,

Freya (10 weeks)used to do this, she has been on gaviscon for reflux for last two and half weeks and is much better. We still keep her upright for 30mins after feed (at least) but the rattlely congested noise has stoppedas has the acidic smell. She's also been putting on weight and feeding less frequently.

HTH

Becky x
  • Options
    A lot of prem babies suffer from relfux as their stomachs and sphincters haven't matured. It probably does cause her a bit of discomfort but if she's not upset then don't worry. She will grow out of it.

H xx
  • Options
    Hiya, My lo used to do this. We started to keep her upright for 30 mins after her feed too...I know that can be a pain in the middle of the night but if we laid her down flat she would always bring back her feed image

She's 3 and a half months now and she's fine....hardly ever sick unless she has her bottle a bit quick as she's a bit of a greedy guts sometimes!! We can put her down flat now straight after her feed and she's fine.

We used to have alot of trouble getting her wind up too which didn't help either.

Hope things will get easier for you soon x x