Forum home Babies Baby

Family car help!!!

hello!

Me and hubby r due our 1st child in December and we r looking to change our car ( i have a convertible) to get a family car!! I want to to be able to accommadate weeks away with buggy etc. and also i do a 60 mile daily commute so need it to be economical!! I was wondering what cars u all had and what you think of them!?

xxx

Replies

• We have a Seat Leon Cupra, it's a hatchback and absolutely fine for us. We can fit 2 x car seats in the back + 1adult in the middle when needed. We only have 1 child who is 6 months but spend a lot of time with my niece who is almost 2. We can fit both pushchairs and everything we need for a day out in the boot too.

We haven't been on holiday in the UK yet so when we went away we got a taxi but have had weekends away and have managed to take everything we need with no struggle. We are going away for a week in the UK next month and I'm not worried about getting everything we need in there then.

Economically, if driven 'properly' OH can get about 50mpg out of it. Hope that helps and happy car shopping x
  • Hi

GC from DIM

We changed my renault clio in January as it was 9 years old and only 2 doors.

I left our new car to my husband to pick and he has done great!

We now have a citroen C Crosser. Its a jeep style but can be changed from normal wheel drive to 4 wheel drive and seats 7 (2 fold down seats in the boot). Although its been a shock running wise as my clio was soooo cheap to run, I love it and would recommend it to everybody!
  • We had to change our car as we had a fiesta and a corsa and we had twins - defo not big enough for prams etc.

We now have a vauxhall zafira - really family style car!

It's great and more economical than my corsa (does more miles to the gallon!) We went for a diesel to make sure it was economical for us.

Great buy xxx
  • we bought a golf recently, after looking at loads of reviews they came in at best medium sized family car, loads of room in the car, pram, travel cot, suitcase, also its desiel and the tank seems to last forever, ive only just learned to drive, and feel very safe in it, we also have a punto and it just doesnt do it for me! also golfs are great lasting cars, so hopefully good value for money.
  • Toyota Verso - does about 500 miles to the tank and fits EVERYTHING in it
  • We have a Ford Focus which is a decent size but are currently considering switching to a vauxhall meriva as the doors open to give you a safety zone for unloading the children and they also have some great monthly payment schemes at vauxhall.
  • we had a vw golf, which was great until we had 2 kids, then the boot was way too small. then we had a nissan primera estate which had plenty of room, but then some idiot crashed into me amd wrote it off! so now we have a vauxhall zafira diesel and it is amazing!! we are expecting another baby in november and have no worries about room!! it can fit 3 kids in easy and is really economical, (considering ours is a big engine too, its surprising! it can do 70 mpg on dual carriageways/motorways)

you can never have too much room!!
  • I have an octavia estate and I'd recommend it to anyone - the boot is huge and its very economical. Brilliant for both long trips (we drive to France every year) and equally good about town too! image

I should add wee are in Scotland so the drive to France is a long one!! lolimage
  • We have a Toyota prius. I had a yaris when DD was born but boot a little small. Prius is cheap to run and v.cheap on road tax ??15 pa! It will fit two car seats in easily when no.2 arrives but I do find the boot a little shallow. I'd like a car with a bigger boot soon I think but have been very happy with my prius.

Happy shopping!
  • We've got a Vauxhall Astra. It's a diesel so is very economical and has 5 doors with plenty or room in the back and a large boot image
  • wow!!! thank ladies!!!! loving all the advice!!! I am worried about getting something to small only to have to upgrade!! I will look at all of those options!!! me and hubby have some reseach to do it seems!!!!

Thanks again ladies all your advice will be taken!!!!

Broodychops!!

xxxx
  • We've got a golf and love it! its a super safe car too x x x x