Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

New baby / mum essentials!

Hi everyone,

I'm heading to my friend's baby shower on Saturday and am planning to put together a bag of essential new mum / baby items, and wondered if anyone had any suggestions? Obviously I have things like Calpol, sudocream, but was wondering if there are any other items to include....?

My son is now 2 and it seems like so long ago since he was a newborn!

Many thanks, X

Replies

• Options
    don't forget calpol can't be used before 2 months!

chocolate is a new mummy essential, radox bubble bath, i found it very soothing on my.. ahem.. sore areas after my daughter's birth.
  • Options
    I did one for my sister in law a couple of months ago - i put in calpol, sudocreme, calpol saline nasel drops, infacol, breastmilk storage bags, a bottle of milton, a pack of nappy sacks, some alcohol hand gel, a big bag of cotton wool, some baby wipes, some breast pads, a bottle of top to toe baby wash and a bottle of johnsons bedtime bath - i was going to add some muslin squares but i thought i had spent enough!

Hope that you get some ideas from that little lot!
  • Options
    great moomin mama... all things i used over the 1st few months... put in some mummy treats too!
  • Options
    nail clippers/scissors for baby, infacol,cotton buds, nappy sacks, um can't think of anythin else!
  • Options
    Fab thanks guys!
  • Options
    How about some nice hand cream for mum too...i've forever washing my hands and they get rather dry so i'm always putting on hand cream image
  • Options
    With my 1st pregnancy, my workplace bought me a bath kit for myself and cuddle robes, bottle sterilizer and muslin squares for baby along with a boots gift card for me to top up on the essentials for baby when I needed them. A bottle of wine and chocolate is always a nice gift for toasting baby's arrival too.
  • Options
    ooh yes 2nd the hand cream idea