Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weaning and hormones

My DD is 6 1/2 months and she's taken to solids very well. I was exclusively bf until about a month ago when we introduced 1 bottle of formula a day. She's now taking less milk so although I'm still bf, it's nowhere near as much as before. I just feel like a massive hormonal wreck. It doesn't help that I have crohn's, which for me flares up with hormone changes. I feel either snappy or sad and take it out on my poor husband. I've still not had a period yet, so wondered if theyll return soon. Has anyone else experienced this when weaning? Xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi puddleduck, it's been a year since I first started weaning my DD but I can relate to some of what your saying. I continued BF until she was 9mths old and didn't get a period until 4wks after I'd stopped completely. My mood was all over the place with me bursting into tears at random moments or snapping at the simplest of things (DH was continually telling me to calm down which didn't help either). I was constantly soaking my boobs with a hot flannel to help release some of the excess milk that wasn't being used as the pain when I left them was unbearable (even my bra hurt as the pressure grew). In short, I guess what I'm trying to say is your body will adapt and adjust with each new milestone and having a few mood swings to boot isn't unheard of.
  • Options
    This is interesting and I hadn't thought about it but I have been really down for a couple of weeks, I have had a period, probably due another. I have had alot going on in my personal life but didn't consider it might be to do with weaning!