Forum home Babies Baby

Nappy bins

I am getting mixed reviews on every one I look at and I really need one that contains odours as I hate the nursery smelling but am too tired, (and lazy!!) :lol: , to take every dirty nappy outside. Was fine until we started weaning. Bleurgh!! Any recommendations? Preferably the ones that wrap the nappys as I hate it when we use the bins out anywhere and you get the dirty nappy backdraft!!

Replies

• Sangenic works for us!!! We can never smell it in the house and believe me Sophia has produced some stinkers!!! They always have the bins and refils on Asda baby event too!!! xx
  • Ok, differing views - we have the sangenic and her room always smells like dirty nappy image
  • i have tommee tippee one and that worked great in the nurseryimage
  • it probably depends on how often ur lo poos. Tyler poos every 3 days or so, we also have the sangenic bin.

I must admit the bin and his bedroom gets pongy once there are a couple of dirty nappies in there. I steeped the bin with a load of bleach the other day as it was stinking lol. xx
  • We used to have the sangenic bin but found it stunk after a few nappies had been placed in it and that it would only take around 30 nappies before needing emptying. We've now resorted to boots nappy bags instead, 100 of them for 50p, they're sented so hide some of the whiff and go straight into our lockable kitchen bin.
  • ive used a few different wraps but none really hid the smell of a poo! and at ??10 for 3 wraps i found it too expensive for onto asda savers nappy bags for me and i just empty the bin more regulary now, if hes done a poo then it normally gets taken outside fairly quickly, and i havent noticed the outside bin smelling too bad yet!
  • we use the mucky wipes oil from the cheeky wipes to try and make it smell a bit better!
  • We have the angelcare and can't praise it enough, we have one in ds's bedroom and one in the lounge and never smell anything as long as the nappies are pushed right through. We only empty them once a week and he poos 1 or 2 times a day x
  • Hmmm, thanks ladies, some more mixed reviews there!! :lol: Guess nappy sacks and more frequent trips to the outside bin then!! Probably for the best to stop me becoming more of a slummy mummy, the trips up and down the stairs will probably help with all the cake ingestion too! I really can't bear the smell of just one dirty nappy, funny though, I walked in to the room where my hubby and father in law had been with lo in the play pen and was almost knocked backwards by the smell, weirdly, they hadn't smelt a thing....... image
  • We use a mix of reusable and diposable nappies for DD her disposables go in scented nappy sacks and to be honest they still pong, however her reusables go into a clip top bin and there's no whiff from it when closed so might be worth investing in a bin with a lid to enclose the nasties until you get to the outside bin..