Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Acqueous cream?

Does snyone use it on their LO? I have been told it is better then calomine lotion for chicken pox, and can also been used as a soap / moisturiser alternative. However there seems to be conflicting information on the net.

Can anyone shed some light on whether it is good or not?

Thanks NTT xx

Replies

• i use it to wash my daugther in as she suffers from ezemca and cant use normal soap products and i find it fab! for her, it didnt help with the ezecma but she has diprobase for mositirser after the bath but as an alternitive to soap its great in my eyes x
  • G/Cing sorry, but I agree with Loobysmummy. Personally I wouldn't advise anyone to use aqueous cream (especially on a baby or infant) as an emollient because it contains sodium lauryl sulphate, which is an industrial detergent hence why it is used as a soap substitute. It can thin the skin and make it more sensitive to chemicals in the long run. This is why many people, in particularly children, call it "stingy cream".

I'm by not an expert but I'm a student Podiatrist. As many of our patients have dry skin, and skin conditions such as dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, keratotic disorders, etc, the first year of my degree was mainly focused on Dermatology. As a soap substitute A.C. can be fine for many people, but as a moisturiser it can cause more discomfort than it solves. I'm on a bit of a crusade to stop people using it as a moisturiser, sorry! :roll:

Hope your LO gets better soon image xx