Forum home Babies Baby

Just ordered some nappies

Well I've ordered a pack of Bambino Mio nappies, newborn where you fold the inner part and place it in the wrap. And I've also ordered a few Totsbots teenyfit all in ones to try too. I've got a coupon for a free BumGenius one too any reviews, tips or preferred nappies?

Replies

• Hey.

IMO bambino mio are not that good. the folding of the insert takes forever & they work out very expensive.

the best brand I have found are the totsbots easy fit & Bumgenius. they go from birth to potty and what you see is what you get. no folding, just stuffing.

when washing the tots bots you just have to stick the tabs down and put them in the wash, with Bum genius you stick the tabs down and pull the insert out.

you can wash them with your own non bio powder but not alot as a build up can cause leakage. Dont use fabric conditioner as this also affects the absorbency. I wash mine at 60degrees with a prewash & 2 tablespoons of tots bots potion instead of non bio powder. sun light is also a great stain remover.

any other questions just ask image xx
  • Thanks for your reply, I had a bit of an idea the bambino mio might not be the best ones but they were half price new so I thought I'd just buy the newborn 2 day pack so as not to go overboard before I find the ones I like. I actually think I'll prefer the totbots all in ones and know my husband will prefer these too, I can't see him getting the hang of the folding of the others.

The store I bought the totsbots from only had 3 singles in stock but they were the cheapest I've seen them but might have another search on ebay for some of the birth to potty ones.

I do really like the look of the Bum Genius ones too and I wonder whether these will be good at night if you can stuff a booster pad in too.

I can't wait to see how I get on with them and am hoping for a lovely dry summer for ample line drying image
  • My friend has loads of different types and bambio mio are her fav. She's been using them for 14 months. My fav by far are bum genius one size pockets.
  • Oh good I thought a few different types would be better than just buying a whole load of one type just to see which ones work better, all babies are so different too, my son was quite long and skinny, who knows I might have a chubby one this time.

The Bambino Mio turned up this morning and they look great. I've already got to grips with the folds on the leaflet and my husband thinks they look ok too. The wraps seem very soft.

I think I might buy a couple more of the bum genius as I've only got 1 which was a freebie Bounty offer, I think maybe having a few of each will be a good idea.
  • I have a few different pockets & boosters and also got given a load of prefold inserts (FIL & his wife have a 6 year old boy that they used reusables for) so I have bought a few different brands of wraps to see what we get on with.

I figure I will buy more of whatever we like best once we've tried them all out image
  • Yeah I think I'll just get a few more to see which I get on with the best. The tots bots teenyfit came today and they are gorgeous and so so soft can't wait to get using them its made me so excited about our Summer arrival
  • Bargain bots on ebay sell tots bots seconds, they are excellent value and she often sells mixed packs for q great discount,and they are unnoticeable seconds, like squint labels etc x
  • thanks I'll check that out
  • i'm another Tots bots easy fit fan, been using them for about 10 weeks, they are really easy, wash well and have had less leaks than pampers.
  • Thanks, I've gone a bit mad and got a few more off e-bay, and some washable wipes too, might leave it now and see how I go with the amount I've got although I'm slightly obsessed image