Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Breech baby at 35 weeks - any successful tips for turning him? Also in Labour

Hi ladies,

I'm almost 35 weeks and was told last week that baby is in the breech position. I really want to turn him so that I don't have to have a csec. I've been trying to sit on my gym ball and tilt my hips forward/back and side to side, and to sit with my bottom in the air. Does anyone have any stories of where they ahve successfully been able to turn their baby at this stage in pregnancy?

I regularly go swimming but have readthat this can work both positively and negatively to turn him or prevent him from turning so not sure what to do about swimming.

Thanks x

Replies

• i had by baby manually turned at 39 weeks and was SO glad i did. i was really worried as id read it was awful, but it was hardly painful at all - uncomfortable is all it is. And you can ask them to stop at any time - but i went on to have a very easy 'normal' birth, and recover so much quicker than a c-sec. a friends baby was breach at 35 weeks and she had an hour long reflexology session and hers also turned. Hope it all goes well for you xxxxxxx
  • with this pregnacy baby was still breech at 38 weeks i was booked for a c section at 39 weeks but baby moved by her self 3days before
  • Thanks guys, i'm trying everything I can, as I wantg to say that I've done my best. WE see the consultant tomo for a scan and to go through options, I'd like to give the manual turning a go too.

• my dd was footling breech from 28weeks right up to 37+3, i didn't do anything to turn her, she did it all on her own... although a friend of mine swears moxybustion helped turn her breech baby round, also check out a site called spinningbbaies, lots of ideas for turning breech and posterior babies xx
  • My baby was footling breech from 34 weeks, showed on scan at 36. I went for the manual turning bur unfortunately didn't work. Then I went for acupuncture which also didn't work.

Baby kicked my waters open at 37+1 so had a CS the next day. It wasn't what I wanted but her feet had been stuck in my pelvis and her nose was really flat from being stuck under my ribs so there was no way she could have turned by herself.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you wee one turns.

If not, a CS isn't perfect but I had a really positive experience although I was really scared at first and it was best for my baby.

xx
  • Thanks ladies, the ECV didn't work so we're booked in for a Csec but feeling positive about this as lots of ladies on here have had positive experiences so we're trying to focus on this x
  • Thanks mum2jd - this is why this website is so good - its so reassuring hearing straight talking opinions - will definitely drink loads and have the maternity pads still packed in my bag - I'd originally thought I wouldn't need them with a csection, but since learned different!

Take care x