Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

white/yellowish sports on the face

I'll appreciate advice. My son is 7 weeks old, around the 4 week a reddish pimples and rash came out on his cheeks and forehead, but now is not just that is also white/yellowish sports on his face and neck. I went to the doctor at the beginning and he said it was Baby Acne, but it is scaring me that now the spots are on his neck and face. As anybody else gone through the same? Can anybody tell me if this is normal? Some people in my church are telling me it is because I am African American and my husband is Latino, they say is because of the mixed races, could this be true?

Replies

• do the white yellow spots look like white heads? they could well be milk spots, DS had these for a good while when he was little, might be worth a follow up at the doctors for a bit more advice x
  • My baby is mixed black and white and had this but is nothing to do with the race of the baby at all. Its called a variety of things from baby acne to milk spots and its just the baby's skin reactung and getting used to the elements. It should pass in time. 7 weeks is a little older than I've heard for it to be sticking around so if you are worried go back to your dr and have them check it out.
  • Hu hun,

My lo developed a rash all over her body at around 9 weeks old. my doc said that if they become under the weather they can get a rash as their immune system is down. Sure enough within 48 hours she had a rotten cold and the rash disappeared within a couple of days.

Has your lo been ill?

xx
  • My ds is 5 weeks old & has this quite badly all over his neck face & even his hair. My hv said it's just baby acne caused from going from amniotic fluid into a bacteria filled world & some babies are more sensitive to it than others.

She said by 12 weeks it should have cleared up & in the meantime just wipe the face with water.
  • am really glad i fould this...never been on baby before. Aurelia has little spots on her face, scalp, ear (inside and out) and under her chin. Was told milk spots and then baby acne she's had them for 2 weeks now and they look reallyt agressive when she warm or fussing but hv says it bothers me and hubby more than her and will go away on their own. Have noticed today that the redness is going although the spots are still there so hopefully they'll be gone soon.

Emma xx