Forum home Babies Baby

3 wk old,whats up with her?

my daughter is 3 weeks old and at first i thought was colic but im not sure. she does burp ok. but after feeds she is wake for a long time and is calm then randomly cries for short burts-never longer than a few seconds,so not prolonged crying. and is only clam when being held-refuses dummy 90% of time and is drinking 4-5 0z every 3-4 hrs. she poo's regular and its normal.

Replies

• Hiya

It could be colic. My baby had reflux and cried often but she was often and for ages lol. I really think infacol helped.Many people say it doesnt but ive had a good experience from it.

Perhaps she hasnt got all her wind up? Could she still be hungry?

Izzy never liked to be put down straight after a feed and when she was diagnosed with reflux this explained why she didnt like to be put down straight away.We put a hand towel under her moses basket matress so she wasnt flat. It helped.

Izzy also had normal newborn poo's but would cry before a poo asif it hurt her.

I wouldnt worry to much but i would go down the colic route. As the weeks go on it gets easier. Find a good way to sooth your daughter. Izzy wouldnt accept a dummy either so to calm her down i use to do cheek to cheek and say Shhhh and bounce her a little (very little after a feed). Thinking about it,she is 10 months and i still do this if she has hurt herself.

Hope that helps

xx
  • maybe she just needs cuddles, at 3 weeks old this is perfectly normal.

perhaps invest in a good sling and wear her most orf the time, this way if it is colic/reflux it will help as well and help calm her by keeping her close to your heart which is where she is used to being.
  • Just sounds like a normal 3 week old to be honest! :roll:
  • please god