Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

AF after baby but bf-ing

my baby is 8 months old now and i have been bf-ing her, we've been doing some bottles for a few weeks too so more like half and half now.

i had one AF in may but nothing since... is this normal?

its been 5.5 weeks since my one and only af? :?

Replies

• Options
    until you stop BF its unlikely that you will have regualar cycles and then it can take time to settle although some women do get them back sooner, if you have been careful it shouldnt be anuthing to worry about x
  • Options
    not been overly careful lol

just not sure, how long should i leave it before i take a test to check im not pregnant?
  • Options
    lol difficult to say i you dont know when you ov'd. i got my af back when toddles was 5.5 months and felt cheated! ha
  • Options
    i would say about 14 days from the last time you had unprotected sex x
  • Options
    My AF started again when I started mix-feeding my son. Guess the hormones changes as I wasn't BFing full time anymore. He was almost 7months by then though so got a decent amount of time without the witch :P x
  • Options
    I exclusively BF my daughter until we introduced solid foods, and all her milk feeds are still breast at 11 months now. I got my first af at 5 weeks after the birth despite 13 BFs a day! And even though I'm still breastfeeding, I'm actually 19 weeks pregnant!

I agree with what sonmeone said, 14 days after UPSI (unprotected sexual intercourse) x
  • Options
    ok thanks ladies, took a test and it was negative.

i just didnt know whether my period was late or my body is getting back into the swing of things...

its like i am dont know whether to expect a period anymore, its a waiting game, not being regular is so irritating!