Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

reflux question

to those whos babies have reflux, what are the symptoms? do they always bring up loads of milk?

Replies

• My son did bring up milk at each feed but this isn't his only, or worst, symptom. The sickness was resolved by Gaviscon Infant but he then showed symptoms of silent reflux. This is where the acid in their tummys comes up out of their stomach and burns them. It caused him to have a lot of pain when eating and he would scream and arch away from his bottle after a couple of mouthfuls. The GP has now prescribed Ranitidine and this has helped to ease the pain for him thank god. Sorry for the long drawn out reply, but in short, no, they don't always have to be sick a lot to have reflux. Hope this helps.
  • she does bring up milk but not always loads of it, but at times it is. but she always seems to bring up some and hours after is awke and unsettled.
  • Hi my daughter had reflux when she was a baby i took her to my GP who prescribed her gaviscon infant and that helped allot she also didn't bring allot of milk up all the time but an hour after her feeds she would be unsettled but once i started using the gaviscon it seemed everything was resolved its just a powdered substance that you have to put in the bottle and they cannot taste it that way then so it will not put them of their feed .

Sorry for the large reply just hope this helps also. image
  • that sounds hopfull. image
  • It worked very well on my daughter and she is now turning 3 and ever since i used the full course of gaviscon up until she came of milk at 9 months her reflux has never come back. imageimage
  • course? i thought you used when needed,and results instant?
  • hi...

i also have a question re reflux, my babs is always bringing up milk big bits, small bits....doesnt seem like hes in pain but although being over 3 months and a big baby sometimes goes days only taking 2-4 ounce feeds.... is this maybe also reflux???

i have head trying a change in milk is maybe one option?? he has always been a windy baby and his poo is always green and never really yellow-baby poo. shall i stick with sma milk or change? or should i ask dr for gaviscon. ??

claire x :?