Forum home Babies Baby

what labour inducing method worked for you???

im interested to know so once i hit 37 weeks i can start the eviction process, my last pregnancy went to 42 weeks, so im going to try anything & everything, please tell me what worked and didnt work for you please!!

castor oil didnt work for me last time :lol:

Replies

• hey hun

i went into labour at 38+3 after a day spent walking and walking everywhere!!

i was on my ball all evening

had really really hot fajitas which i think set off my digestive system (i had a bad no2 hours before my waters broke)

and we had sex a lot lol

xxx
  • sadly nothing worked for me - walks, sex, curry all tried and failed, eventually went into labour at 40+13!
  • Afraid to say that nothing worked for me either and i tried the lot pretty much. I ended up going in to labour about a week and a half after my due date (can't remmeber exactly!)However i was doing a lot of walking and getting a lot of twinges whilst doing so. Maybe worth a good few walks if you feel comfy enough to do that. Unfortunately bubs will arrive when good and ready however frustrating that is for us!! Good luck!

• I tried everything!! Apparently sex is only effective if there are 3 goes in one 24 hour period!! I tried it and went into labour 24 hours later- I also had half a bottle of wine (I was 40+4 and fed up!!) the night I went into labour and had done looooads of walking and ball bouncing x
  • I tried everything and nothing worked... then I tried clary sage oil (rubbing into bump and a bath with it in) and I went into labour the next day at 40+6.

I think its not recommended at all before 40 weeks though!

Good luck x
  • I was getting pretty desperate once my due date came and went. I was taking my raspberry leaf capsules, going for walks, eating curry etc.

I had a stretch & sweep at 40+5 (I was already 2cms dilated and fully effaced and the MW told me she reckoned we'd be having a baby that night). We BDed that evening and my contractions started straight after. I went all through the night with my regular contractions every 5mins, lasting about a minute, but at 7am they just stopped! Hubby worked from home that day and I was getting more and more upset that nothing was happening so at lunchtime he "offered himself up" again and once again the contractions started straight away! We had our little man at 2.40am the following morning.

Apparently sperm is the natural version of the pessary they use for inductions.

Our midwife told us at the ante-natal classes: "What gets them in, gets them out!"

• I went into labour 37+5 after sex, ball bouncing, lots and lots of walking including sideways up the stairs but I dont know if it helped or I was just lucky!
  • wow some fabby suggestions thanks v much image
  • Nothing! I tried lots of raspberry leaf tea, ate loads of pineapple, curry, walking (well, waddling!), bouncing on ball, had 2 attempted stretch and sweeps and bubs still stayed put. I didn't even get a twinge. I was induced at 12 days overdue and thankfully it worked and he arrived safely that day. We didn't try sex though as when the midwife attempted the first stretch and sweep she could feel bubs' head as it was so low down so that put hubby off in a big way!

• nothing!!! i tried lots of pineapple (4 whole ones in one day- not even a twinge, just burnt my mouth!) raspberry leaf tea (doesn't induce, it just strengthens muscles) ball bouncing, spices, sex, lots of walking, clary sage oil... even sweep and an eventual induction didn't get him out, only thing that worked was the scalpel lol.... i've heard good things about evening primrose oil thoiugh, supposed to soften the cervix (for similar reasons as to why it can help when ttc) hth and good luck xx
  • Nothing for me, i tried everything and ended up being induced baby born 15 days late.

i honestly believe after that, that the baby will make an appearance when they are ready, but its fun trying all the tips so go for it!