Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Travel to Oz with 8 month old!

Hi Ladies

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of doing a long haul flight with a baby? We're off to Oz in 2 weeks' time and I'd be grateful for any tips! I understand you can email the airport in advance to reserve a sealed bag to take through the connecting airport security - has anyone done this? I'm paranoid that we'll get the other side of security and they'll have forgotten the bag and we won't have any food or milk for lo! We're flying via Dubai. Unfortunately, our son will be too big for a bassinet, so he'll be sleeping on our laps (fingers crossed that the plane won't be full!).

Thanks x

Replies

• Options
    We took our son to San Francisco when he was 6 months old, we were lucky as he had a skycot which was a godsend!

Don't worry about food and milk, I did too, but there was lots of shops the other side which had the cartons of milk we used. Maybe worth checking the airport website for what shops are over there.

i've not heard of the sealed see-through bags though, so can't help with that!