Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Reusable Nappies

Hiya, We are expecting our baby in Decemcer, and want to use Reuasable Nappies. At the moment, I've narrowed my choices down to Tot Bots, Bumgenius, and Mothercare Smartpants.

I was wondering what anybody elses views (good and bad) were on these makes, and also any recommendations of other brands. Any advice really on reusables!

Your help is much appreciated image

Jo xx

Replies

• Options
    I had a nappy guru come to my house and I looked at the different nappies. I also looked at the reviews on fill your pants online.

I brought tots bots all in ones during the day and my lo wears tots bots stretchies with a wrap at night. Cant fault them. Im currently using flushable liners as it makes it easier with teething poo.

They only -ve is there are limited unlimited designs. Love them and would recommend them.

Any questions, just ask limage
  • Options
    2nd attempt! Damn phone!

Bumgenius all the way for me. Toddles is 16 months and we've had no issues. Tried lots of others. Bgs have a fleece inner whIch provides a stay dry layer. Sometimes we use fleece liners is expecting a poo. We don't use paper as they go soggy, which isn't nice next to skin. And while I was all velcro with a baby, now popppers are better as she likes to take her nappy off!
  • Options
    we love bumgenius, take a peek at the reusables forum on here theres loads of advice from the nappy queens x
  • Options
    I love tots bots easyfit v2s but I would recommend not forking out on a whole system, try a few out an different one suit different babies. Also for fun have a look at gen-y their prints are very cool xx
  • Options
    I have tots bots and BG's birth to potty in both cases. I tend to use the BG's more simply because without an additional liner I do get leakage with the Tots Bots, however the Tots bots docome in better designs!!
  • Options
    I second the fleece liners - can't stand paper ones and you don't have to keep buying them!
  • Options
    Thank you all for your help, I have ordered a started pack each of Tots Bots, and Bumgenius, and also have found a selection pack on a website that includes 4 or 5 different brands! So will get that too! But think I will end up going with either the Tots Bots or Bumgenius!

Thanks again,

Jo xx
  • Options
    I have bumgenius. I used them for my little girl and are now using them on my little boy. They are fab!
  • Options
    We use Charlie Banana nappies which is a pretty new one and absolutely love them, they are one size, baby loves them, no leaks and were the quickest to dry when we had the nappy lady round to trial them all. x
  • Options
    Bum genius all the way for me!! I've tried loads and loads. My dd is a heavy wetter and they are the ones that have coped best x
  • Options
    We use TotsBots Easyfit after coosing them from a trial pack. I find them to be fab but wouldn't use the flusahble liners I found they stuck to DD's bum and lady bits which can't have been comfy. One word of warning though we tried using a booster witht them overnight to increase absorbancy but when she was little (on smallest popper) I found that they just made the nappy gappy around her legs so we had leaks I suppose a thinner bnooster may have worked but I decide to use disposables at night to give peaceof mind. Hope you find nappies to suit you and your lo when they arrive.