Forum home Babies Baby

O/T Tooth crowns

Hi All

My top front tooth crosses over the other front tooth and I have hated it for years! My dentist has offered to put a crown on it to line everything up. My concern is as it is purely for cosmetic reasons am I daft having a perfectly healthy tooth shaved and crowned? Also how long do crowns last? Its costing a lot to have done I don't want to have to pay again in a few years. Nor do I want a weird looking tooth if it falls off. I would have braces if I could afford it but I can't Has anyone else had a crown for cosmetic reasons or otherwise? What is your experience of it?

Thanks

Replies

• My top front tooth is the same and i hate it but didnt realise anything but braces (and an extraction) would fix it so I'd be interested to see the replys on this post. Can I be cheeky and ask how much you were quoted for a crown?? Xx
  • Hi Bryony

My dentist has quoted ??350 but they have just introduced interest free credit which is great as my bottom teeth are going to cost ??2000! Although you can't really see my bottom teeth so much so may have to give them a miss image

• ??350's not too bad if you can pay back in installments haha, hope the ??2000 for the bottom teeth includes diamond encrusting for that price haha.

I had braces when I was about 15 but then the orthodontist advised that my 2 front top teeth couldnt go any further back without an extractions to which I was terrified of and stopped wearing the brace....doh!!

Hmmm I might ask about getting it crowned at my next appointment image xx