Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

gripe water - can you give it to many times???

i have started giving my 4 week old baby girl Gripe water and i have to stay it is doing the trick after using infacol which didnt have any effect.

But i have started giving with/after every feed. I try and not give to her with some feeds, but she just gets windy and grisly and i end up giving it to her after about an hour.

The bottle says you can give with every feed just dont give more that 5mlx6 in 24 hours. I am only giving her 2.5ml per feed, but i feel like i am relying on it too much??

is this okay, people say its completely natural but i find it makes my baby sleep loads. is it that she just hasnt got a belly ache when i give it to her so she sleeps better or is it a bit like a sedative.

anyone else using it?

Replies

• i would think she is sleeoing better as shes comfy, babies should sleep a lot, as long as shes waking for feeds i wouldnt worry, it shouldnt be putting her to sleep in any way

as long as your not giving more than reccomnded i would carry on if its helping x