Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby won't take bedtime bottle at grandparents?!

Hi ladies,

Wondering if you can help. My 11 month old baby girl stayed at the inlaws for the first time last week. She refused to take her bed time bottle.

We stayed there again last night, this time i stayed too, and i bathed her and gave her a bottle as normal, and she gagged and threw up before I had even put the bottle in her mouth. It then took nearly 30 mins to soothe her to sleep.

When we are at home, she takes her bed time bottle no problem, goes to bed awake and babbles herself to sleep after around 10 mins.

Any ideas why she would be doing this with her bottle at the in laws house? I heated it up, so i know it was the right temp etc. Is she just aware that she is somewhere else? Doesnt make sense why she would refuse her bottle though - she usually LOVES her bottle!

Any ideas would be great! xxx

Replies

• this happened to us whenever we stayed somewhere strange, he would chuck up and get hysterical, after we were there for a couple of days he would be fine, he did grow out of it though x