Forum home Babies Baby

getting back to your pre baby weight?

Hey ladies,

A bit of a vain post really but how long did it take you to get back to your ideal weight? How hard have you found it?

Just been wonder how likely it will be that I will get back to my old weight. This is my first baby.

Thanks

Cx

Replies

• I never did, whoops.

I got pregnant again after loosing most of it.

This time I will be loosing it though, i dont like my new size at all.
  • To be honest I was lucky and only put on 1 1/2 stone when I was pregnant and lost over a stone just by having my little boy. The rest dropped off pretty quickly through breastfeeding (500cals a day!) and sometimes forgetting to eat as you kinda lose track of time a bit with a newborn baby image - I could have worn my normal clothes after about 2 weeks of giving birth, but it was comfier not to! Of course there was some extra, stretchy skin on my tummy now too...

I have put quite some weight back on since stopping the breastfeeding... :lol:

They say it takes your body a year to get back to normal and there is no need to rush as you'll only stress yourself out and might make yourself ill which will be bad for your baby too!

• After 9 months I still had a stone to lose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight. It didn't happen though because I got pregnant again and so have put it all (and probably more!) back on! The thing I found the hardest though was that I seemed to completely change shape. Definitely 'hippier' and with a jelly like belly! x
  • I put on almost 2.5 stone with my pregnancy. Lost almost a stone after the birth as baby was 10lb, and breastfeeding has been amazing, and the weight has been dropping off. The same as Springuk, I could have worn my normal pre-pregnancy clothes a few weeks after the birth but I felt more comfy in larger clothes due to having a c-section and not wanting anything tight near my scar or on my breasts (they were tender from feeding).

I'm now 6 weeks post birth, and only a few pounds off my pre-pregnancy weight - I'm hoping that by contining to breastfeed will help me lose another stone - I was a little heavier than I would have liked to be before falling pregnant!

I think the best things that have helped me lose the weight is breastfeeding and going for brisk walks with the baby in pushchair everyday. I havn't changed my eating habits, and to be honest I don't eat the healthiest, but then I did have a big baby so was pretty much weight-lifting from day one :lol:
  • It depends on how much you put on!

I put 3.5 stone on and I lost 2 stone of that within a couple of months, and by 5 months I was only a few pounds off my pre-preg weight. x