Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Don't know what to do

Hi ladies,

I haven't posted on here in a long time but I really need someone to talk to. I have a 15 month old baby and have been married to my husband for 2 years, having been together for 12. We have recently been trying for baby number two.

Last week, I recieved a text message my husband sent that was meant for someone else. It was a reply to a topless photo a girl had sent him. When I confronted him about this he told me that he had been having an affair for 18 months - since I was 6 months pregnant with our baby.

I am absolutely devastated. I had lots of frustrations with him during the end of my pregnancy and since my baby's birth due to him being out a lot and working late etc but I never dreamed that he was having an affair. I now know that most nights he was "out with the boys" he was with her and, as he commutes quite a long way to work, the times he reported missing the train were actually occasions when he was staying in hotels with her.

He told me he loves me and he wants to work it out but I really am struggling as I can't forget about what he has done and all of the occasions that I was dealing with a new baby and I needed him and he wasn't there. I don't feel that I can trust him and I don't know what to do. I grew up in a single parent family and I never wanted that for my child but I also don't want to stay in a relationship in which I am unhappy. We always used to have what I had considered a loving and happy relationship/marriage - can we ever get that back? x

Replies

• a good friend of mine went through this, she found out when the baby was 8 weeks and they seperated for a while, they are now back together and have just had baby number 2, it was a long road with lots of counciling by relate,

i can imagine it hard to think about what you want, space she found really important to decide what to do next

hope things get better for you
  • Hi Scrabble,

Don't know what to advise bur don't want to R&R.

So sorry. Really feel for you. Can't imagine how you must be feeling, my partner has cheated on me in the past but it was before we got really serious and started thinking about children.

If you stay with him, make sure it's because you love him and want to try and work things out, and not just because you don't wanna be Single parent family.

xxx