Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Car Seats

Anyone know of good car seats for group 0 babies that don't cost a ridiculous amount, especially as it'll need upgrading by the time baby is 1?

I'm kind of stumped by them all and don't want to buy one that's not very good.

Can you let me know which ones you chose, and whether you would rate them or not? x

Replies

• Options
    we have a maxi cosi cabriofix as it goes on the pram we have, i would have a look on the which website for the safety ratings, most places do offeres now and agin so it best to keep a look out, halfords and kiddiecare often have some on sale as do mothercare,
  • Options
    I was thinking ideally less than ??70 as obviously we'd have to shell out for another within a year. Not bothered about it fitting into the pram.

Do you know of safety review websites that you don't need subscription to, as i don't really want to pay for a which? subscription which, knowing how bad my memory is at the minute, I'd forgot to cancel after the trial and end up paying full whack! X
  • Options
    If you can get to your local library as they often do free internet access, and also have subscriptions to things like which? that you can access.

We have the maxi cosi cabriofix, with the isofix base, but i do wish we'd researched more before we bought and got the familyfix base as it would have saved some money as it can be used with the next stage car seat, so something to bear in mind if you're planning to get an isofix base - which are fab by the way!

xxx
  • Options
    ooh tigerlilly i wish i had known that! we have the normal isofix base too
  • Options
    I have a Mamas and Papas Cybex Aton which is great as it clips on to a base in the car and also on to our pram.

You could get a Group 0-1 stage car seat though which will last from birth to age 4 to save buying another seat so soon. We've just got one of these for my husband's car and its rear facing up to 10kgs then forward facing up to approx age 4. xx
  • Options
    we brought a jane matrix pro lie flat car seat (upto 18 months roughtly) for ??50!! when you look on the wesites,look in the clearance sections, we got ours for ??50 as it was last seasons colours!!