Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

baby boy, what to wear for swimming?

id like to take my 3 month old boy swimming, i have little swimmers nappies, is one of these enough or does he need to wear something in the pool?

Replies

• Options
    It's all down to personal preference. Some parents will take baby into the pool wearing only a swim nappy whilst others prefer to introduce swimwear over the top of the nappy so they get used to it. Personally I wait until the age gap grows a bit before introducing swimwear (i.e. 12-18mths verses 3-6mths) as it feels less costly
  • Options
    It's all down to personal preference. Some parents will take baby into the pool wearing only a swim nappy whilst others prefer to introduce swimwear over the top of the nappy so they get used to it. Personally I wait until the age gap grows a bit before introducing swimwear (i.e. 12-18mths verses 3-6mths) as it feels less costly
  • Options
  • Options
    I took Ryan swimming last week. He wore a little swimmers nappy and a pair of swim shorts over the top. My sister had bought him these when he was born! They are just bermuda shorts style with a plastic close fitting nappy style lining inside to help keep the nappy secure.

He LOVED swimming though, and was soooo chilled out afterwards it was fab!

xxx
  • Options
    we have a happy nappy that goes over the swim nappy and baby warmer, the swim nappies alone would not contain a posplosion!

the baby warmer means baby doesnt get too cold

http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Baby-Warmer-3-6mths-Pink/dp/B001OBSLEQ?extid=gs

http://www.thekidswindow.co.uk/selling.asp?product=10344&category=32&source=froogle
  • Options
    I put my little boy in a wet suit, keeps him so warm so stays in a lot longer than babies on trunks I noticed. Got mine from two bare feet x