Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

weaning

my son just turned 4 months and going to try him with a rusk tonight mixed with his milk.

health visitor said no food till late as pos, but hes just started to wake through the night hungry so thinking he needs it. my 1st child didnt want food till past 6 months old.

do i just try 1 meal a day to begin with?

Replies

• Options
    I started weaning DD1 at 4mths & plan to again with DD2. I used to give rusk mashed with milk for breakfast plus one jar of pureed food per day.
  • Options
    If you are going to wean before 6 months then you must make sure you do not give anything containing wheat or dairy as they cannot handle that yet. Baby rice really is the best option as it's bland and non-offensive to their digestive tracts. I would start with lunch as then you can see how he reacts (as opposed to him maybe being sick at night if you try dinner).

They all go through a spell at 4/5 months of waking in the night again and food might not make it any better.

Spring x
  • Options
    ok thank you.

I wasn't sure weather to give 1 or 2 aday, thanks thats a help. just was different with the eldest has he refused food till gone 6 months.

thank you