Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

could you recommend a 2nd car seat?

Hi,

My 10month old son has out grown his rear facing car seat...

I'm so confused about which one to get him next..

I hate his 1st carseat I just went and bought a car seat pram combo not very practical...

Could someone please recommend a forward facing one? X

Thank u x

Replies

• I have the Maxi Cosi Axiss. Not cheap (by any means!) but it swivels to face you so when you put them in and take them out you don't have to half maim yourself in the process. We have alot of people commenting on how practical it is- only thing is I wish it was compatible with isofix x
  • I was baffled by the choice of 2nd car seats too but we have just moved our 10 month old into the Britax Prince seat and he's adjusted to it really well. It's nicely padded and he's comfy enough to fall asleep which I was a bit worried about as the baby seats are more reclined and I thought he might struggle a bit in the new one. It's not the most expenisve seat out there because we bought 3 so needed something affordable. But I think it's a good choice for the price. x
  • Thank you ladies...you have helped x
  • We have the Maxicosi Axiss too and its brilliant. We were told by the shop assistant that the only good thing about isofix is that it ensures the car seat is fitted properly if you keep getting it in and out hence why it is recommended for baby seats. The fact the 2nd seat should really stay pretty much still (too heavy to move all the time) it doesnt need to be isofix and the child is actually safer in the 2nd seat without isofix. x
  • That advice on isofix is in theory wrong, as with most isofix seats the fixings are actually designed to start taking the strain of an impact (away) from the toddler before the seat belt kicks in to pull it back. It's not much of an issue, but does show the misleading advice that many shops will give.

Having said that we didn't go isofix as several cars the seat was due to go in didn't have it so saved the money.

We went for the maxi cosi Tobi as it has such great reviews from pretty much everyone and has better head support than the cheaper one. If I was buying now I would probably go with the Axxis as I think the turning seat is great and very useful. In general Maxi Cosi tend to be considered one of the best for safety standards and quality. The Britax Evolva is another one I've heard lots of really good reports on with the added bonus that it converts to stage 2 and 3 too.