Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sleeping advice please...

My dd is now 24 weeks old. She has always been swaddled to go to sleep but recently has started moving more and bursting out of her swaddle. In addition to the thin swaddle we cover her with her baby quilt, tucked underneath the mattress so that it can not be pulled over her head. The problem we are having at the minute is she is also kicking the covers off, getting cold and waking up. Last night we tried a grobag because she cant kick it off. However, she hated having her arms out. I had to hold them down to settle her to sleep, then when she woke (several times) in the night she wouldn't settle back to sleep and felt cold (not just on her hands, her head, nose, ears were cold too). In the end I used a thin blanket to cover her arms, but of course her movements meant that she didn't stay covered for long and woke back up again!! Does anyone know where I can get a long sleeved grobag from? Or does anyone have an alternative? Thanks in advance x

Replies

• ive seen long sleeved ones in baby shops or maybe try online? alternative might be to put another long-sleeved layer on her. my son always has cool face, hands, ears at night but theyre not icy cold and apaprently thats normal, ie cool but not cold. he sleeps really well that way though and has always hated being too warm.

about the flailing, we swaddled until about 3 and a half months as well because he kept waking himself up with his arms. we stopped too because he kept wriggling out and wasnt enjoying it anymore. his own solution to that was rolling onto his tummy to sleep once he was able to. also let him sleep on his side for a while which he preferred to his back. x
  • Hi,

I've seen long sleeve sleep bags in mothercare Baby K range. Also Summer Infant do swaddle blankets that fasten so more difficult to get out of though not sure to what size/age. Mothercare have also started doing tog rated babygro's which look lovely.

Good luck!

Linds
  • Thanks ladies. Have gone a and bought a grobag with a swaddle top. Hopefully that should help her to settle and maybe even stay asleep?! (HA - wishful thinking!!) x