Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby with a creaky hip?

Hi Ladies,

I've noticed my son has a very slight creak/click to one of his hips when he lifts his legs up. Its nothing major but bothering me nonethless.

I'm hoping to ask the hv about this but any ideas???

Replies

• He wasn't breech was he? I only ask because Ollie was and he had to have his hips scanned as he was at risk of having hip dysplasia. They asked me if I had heard any clicks.

He was fine and I am sure that Connor will be too but I would probably go to the doctor to check.

Did they check his hips at his 8 week check?

SB x
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The HV said to take him to the GP.

His newborn and 6 week checks were all ok and the GP did another thorough check and we think it is the knee rather than the hip. However she said she didn't want to miss anything so if we're still unsure if its the hip or not in 6 weeks then she'll just arrange a scan to be sure. I think it is his knee though and he weight bares fine so looks good.
  • Glad to hear that. Always best to get checked and I wasn't sure about posting as I didn't want to worry you for no reason.

SB x