Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Teething

Hi ladies

Was wondering if any of you had any advice on teething? Isabelle is 5 months old she has not cut any teeth yet but is in a lot of pain with it. We had a really good bed time routine where she was sleeping from 7pm until 6am now she is back to waking up 4 to 5 times a night image

I am a first time mum and I am really struggling with her as nothing I seem to do settles her.

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Annie

Replies

• ashton and parsons teething powder, get it from boots, its herbal and amazing
  • Thanks I am going to boots tomorrow so I will have a look I am willing to give anything a try!
  • Have you bought this lately? I have just been on line to research the product and everywhere says it is sold out and that they stopped making it
  • I feel your pain, I am currently up most of the night with my daughter due to her top teeth cutting. I am using calpol, the teething gels and nelsons powders (can not get ashton and parsons for love nor money!). I dont have any advice, other than to say that once the teeth cut it does get better xx
  • Hey glitterbug

Today has been much better I have my little Isabelle back! I have got some of that nelsons powder so I will see how it goes.

I don't know you get over one thing then something else starts!

• Can I suggest anbesol oil? From a chemist, you have to ask at the counter. Damp a finger and rub on baby's gums. The powders help, but the oil is instant and can be rubbed directly on the gums. Poor little souls, not nice for them, my little girls going through it, he chin and cheeks go bright red xxx
  • My cousin swears by Sophie the Giraffe and amber teething necklace
  • My little chap is 6 months and has cut 2 teeth and I can't live without anbesol liquid, nelsons teething powder (ashtons and parsons is not sold anywhere as factory burnt down. I spent ??10 on it from amazon and nelsons are way way better in my view)and sophie giraffe. They all make a massive difference xx
  • Well I have gave her nelsons powder and it does not seem to have made a differenceimage she already has Sophie the giraffe she puts it in her mouth a couple of times them looses interest in it. She is off her feeds ands keeps being sick I took her to the doctors last wk as I was concerned about how much she was being sick and they just told me she teething and to get on with it.

Guess I will just have to see how it goes.

Thank you ladies for taking the time to reply to my post

Annie

• waas a while ago wen i brought it so dont no if u can still get it.
  • Have you tRied bringing her into your bed? She might sleep better and feel less pain etc. my son had the bottom 2 together, the the two, one either side straight after, whilst they were coming in the top one started and now 4 at the top all coming together. All we do is the odd bit of bongela, lots of teething rings. He breast feeds in the night but doesnt wake. He's always slept with us.

Or some people swear by a dummy, but my son won't use one. But he'll chew it.

Xx