Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Teething and not feeding

My little boy is 9 months old and is currently cutting his top 2 teeth; he already has 2 on the bottom. This week he has been very fussy with his food and has been refusing food and milk. Quite concerned that he is not getting enough food or drink. Considering taking him to the docs this afternoon. Is this normal with teething??

Replies

• Options
    My daughter is 7 months and trying to cut those top teeth too. She has been off her food and was the same when she cut her bottom teeth at 4 1/2 months. In fact, I had to feed her whilst she was asleep as it was the only way she would drink her milk. I took her to the HV and GP and they were both pretty useless, just said to keep feeding whilst asleep if it works. Now, I try giving her a teething ring covered in boots teething gel (it tastes so much nicer than the other brands - we have tried them all! Its lovely and minty) about ten minutes before I am due to give her a feed. She is only taking about 14oz of milk a day though. She is slightly better with her solids, still eating mushy foods, although she seems to have gone off her finger foods. Sorry not much help but just thought id share x
  • Options
    Hi,

Are you able to maybe puree down the solids a bit more?

My son is only 5 months old and off breastfeeding due to teething but will happily suck purees from a spoon if I try to avoid his gums lol.