Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Travelling to Italy with newborn

Hi,

We will be going to Italy this summer with our baby that will hopefully arrive on the due date around 4 weeks before we fly. We would have cancelled it but its for my sisters wedding and I'm a bridesmaid so we really want to be there.

We've just ordered a Stokke Xplory for use generally at home, but we're concerned that this might be too bulky to take to Italy, initially on the plane and then around Rome when we're there for a few days.

We were also planning on taking the car seat we've ordered for the Xplory as we'll be hiring a car to get around whilst we're over there.

We'd be grateful of anybodies experiences travelling abroad with a newborn, especially suggestions regarding pushchairs, car seats, etc, but also any other tips that might help too. Some people have said to us not to take a nice pushchair on the plane as it will only get damaged, but we're also conscious we want baby to be comfortable for the 2 weeks that we're away.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Options
    hi lauragale

i have a 7 month old and not gone abroad with him yet. I have a fancy travel system but soon realised after he came along that its not practical for travel and most people get a cheap pushchair at some point too - you may as well get one as they're also useful for grandparents.

we didnt get the cheapest available as wanted him to be comfy, it was 110 from babies r us, folds up tiny and suitable from newborn, very comfy. we actually use it way more than the travel system as its so easy, one piece, comfy and folds smsll.

i understand you wanting to go to your sisters wedding, but it will be tough i wouldnt expect too much from yourself and lo whilst there, rest up wherever possible! x