Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Contraception after birth

Hi all,

Just after a bit of reassurance really! I had my baby just under 5 weeks ago and started taking the Cilest pill on day 21. We were using condoms but yesterday relied fully on the pill. The guidance with the pill says this is ok, but I'm nervous as I haven't been taking my tablet at the same time every day. I haven't missed any pills but haven't taken them at the same time each day. I've now taken 13 pills albeit at different times. This should be ok shouldn't it? 

Thanks

Sunshine

Replies

• hi sunshine sounds fine, cilest has a 12 hour window so as long as its always been within this it will be ok. hopefully you've taken them all within roughly the same time? as if you take it at very variable times it gets confusing - there's no benchmark for when the 12 hours starts and finishes and i guess this could put you at more risk! Also if you're bf you are probably not ovulating, although dont rely on this, its just a nice backup.

xx