Forum home Babies Baby

Suncream for eczema

Hi, my 8 month old is prone to a little bit of eczema, just around his elbow and knee joints, and a little on his chin. Just wondering if suncream can aggravate it, or if there's any type that would be better to use?

Thanks

Replies

• I have found with Ds1 that nivea baby 50+ is the only suncream that doesn't make his ezcema worse! He is 4 now and i have tried many sunceams. Always end up back with nivea. It is just so thick and leaves luminous green stains on white clothing! Xxx
  • My little one has eczema too, and I use Nivea too! Does not seem to aggrivate it xx

• Sudacream Mouse is really good, doesn't seem to cause any irritation and great for those kids  with allergies as it has no nut oils or lanolin and is hypoallergenic, its quite light to put on, and its good for very young babies and older kids. I had so much stress trying to find a good one that wasn't too expensive and was a high factor, so this was ideal

• Where do you buy sudacrem mousse from, never seen that.

• My baby has bad excema and I use Nivea but that even affects it. She has to have epaderm applied to her skin 4 times a day, so I put that on first then her sun cream. My health visitor said e45 can be applied to the problem skin and once it has dried use the suncream