Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any top travel tips?

Hi mums. Do you have any good travel tips for us please? Things that made a day out, or trip away with your little one easy and stress-free? We'd love to hear from you, and you could be featured in Practical Parenting magazine!

Replies

• Options

I hate to say it but in car entertainment such as dvds and games!

Alternatively, the good old "eye spy" game! That kept my boys entertained for a while! x

• Options
    We have two travel blackout blinds made by the gro company that use 'suckers' to stick to the windows. They're great for going on holiday and to stay at grandparents and really help us get a better nights sleep. They're a little pricey but we got ours on special offer from mothercare and wouldn't be without them now! image
  • Options
    I learnt the hard way re car travel when my lo was very young. We drove back from the airport and I thought I was being clever giving him milk in his car seat to get him off to sleep. However I didn't consider how I wouldn't be able to wind him and he screamed, quite rightly, the rest of the way home. So my tip would be stop for a fresh air break!!!

Flying tips I would say buy a new toy and book to keep them occupied. Oh and maybe some biscuits!!! My lo never sleeps in our arms so keeping him awake hoping he will sleep never works he just goes crazy. So a good nap before and lots to occupy him during the flight!!!
  • Options
    Trunki! From 2 years old our son loved to fill it up with toys, books and pens for our flight. Then loved to sit on it with us pulling him along at the airport. Then loved to empty its contents when seated on the flight!

Also, iPad applications. Our son loves Angry Birds and the Fisher Price shapes and numbers apps when travelling.

• Options

I'v got a one week old baby boy and a three year old girl! I make sure i'v got spare clothes for baby and a change of trousers and undies for my little girl, and also milk, juce and treats for when we are out and about cause you never no whats going happen even to a short trip to the supermarket!!