Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

did anyone take aspirin during pregnancy for blood clotting?

I am 34 wks and on 150mg of aspirin due to elevated TEG test done at st marys recurrent miscarriage clinic. I am due to reduce it as from next week to 75mg and I just wondered if anyone else was on aspirin while pregnant and did this have any effect on your baby?

I am worried about something happening to the baby once I stop or reduce aspirin and wondered if anyone had any experience of this that they could share with me, and is the baby okay after stopping aspirin?

thanks

susan

Replies

• I am so glad their is someone else i can talk to who is having similar to me. I have had previous problems when i had my other two children during pregnancy due to being high risk of a blood clotting problem that i have. When i had my othe two children...10 years ago now, their was no treatment for this. My health and my babies health were at risk.

I am now pregnant with my third and i have been on asprin 75mg for a while now. I also inject myself daily with heparin to keep the blood at the right constancy to take enough oxygen to the baby.

I have been under lots of different professional staff at the hospital, who believe asprin

is being used more and more in pregnancy for some people who need it with great success. You should only take what you have been advised and nobody should do it without consent of the doctor.

i really don't think you need to worry as it works on a daily basis and once you come of it, it wears off immediately.x