Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

9 month old baby wont sleep/nap

Hi I have a 9 month old baby who naps for only 5 to 10 minutes 3 times a day. Also on a night she wakes 2 or 3 times demanding a bottle on the final waking. From going to bed to getting up is only 8 hours. I know she needs more sleep but I have run out of ideas please can someone help. Also she won't self settle.

Replies

• Hi I don't know if this is much help but I also have a 9 year old who is s great sleeper she wakes up at half 7 on a morning then she starts getting tired again by about 10/11 so I try to make her all cosy as I possibly can because I know by doing this she will sleep for about an hour! Then we'll play and things for a few hours and it tires her out and she starts to get sleepy around 3pm so I try my hardest to keep her awake until 4:30pm which is her bath time and then she gets out of the bath and has an 8oz bottle (you could try putting a spoonful of rice in her bottle) then she's in bed by 5 and is there until half 7 the next morning. Don't get me wrong there is once in a blue moon where she does wake up with teething etc but generally she tired herself out a lot during the day so she's really tired at night. It took a while to change her routine and a lot of trial and error and google searching to get to this point. One suggestion id have is something that makes like a whirling sound , me and my partner had a fan in our room when I was pregnant facing the wall it was just for the noise it made and then when our little one came along she seemed to get used to it so now it's in her bedroom with her every night facing the wall it just blocks out any noises like TVs doors closing voices etc. she sleeps in a baby sleeping bag aswell. And that's our routine I hope this has helped! image
  • 9 month old sorry!
  • Thank you I will definitely think about putting something in her room to block out other noises as living in a flat it can get quiet bad. And also I use to crush rusks into her milk but got told off for doing it but might try that again since it did sometimes make a difference. Thank you image
  • No problem at all image I think even when you type it into google search it will suggest a fan or a white noise machine (whatever that is) lol. But yeah I also got told off but little things like that haven't harmed my baby also she's older now and there Tummys can handle it better it might just fill her for that little bit longer image