Forum home Babies Baby

Mom who doesn't like to carry a cell phone (by dad)

My wife is a manager at a publilc audit firm.  She doesn't like to carry mobile on her because "her pants will have a buldge and she'll look horrible.".  We just had a screaming match because I tried to call her and she wasn't picking up.  She was in the 'bathroom' and she wasn't going to take her mobile with her.  If she's in a meeting, or other 'important' events, she will mute the phone and often turns off the vibrator.  She will often forget to turn the phone back on and sometimes will come home saying "I was too busy".  Or even "I ran out of battery and was too tied up to charge.".  If she had a work where she was in the same building, then that's fine.  But she's constantly moving.

If my wife calls me in a middle of meeting, I will text her back "In a meeting.  What's up?" to see what's going on.  I insisted that she carried the phone on a holster and we figure out a plan but she's not going to do it.  I keep asking her "What is it going to take for you to start carrying a phone?  Does our daughter have to end up in a hospital for you to realize that you need to come up with a better solution?".  She just laughs.

If people can give me their opinion, that would be great.

Replies

• Sorry but your wife is sounding like a Prima Donna here.  Why doesn't she carry her mobile in her bag/purse or a holster as you suggest if she doesn't want to 'ruin her outfit'.  The whole point of having a mobile phone is what its name suggests 'it is mobile' you carry it around with you so that people can reach you when they need to & vice versa.

I'd be very tempted to leave her an empty home to return to (visit your relatives) & when she calls to ask where you are - you tried phoning to tell her but if she doesn't reply how can you let her know?