Forum home Babies Baby

Sleeping in a cot

Hi, I am putting my baby in a cot this weekend as he is bursting out the moses basket lol (He is 13.5 weeks and 17lb).

I can't fit the cot in my room so it will be in his room. We will have baby monitor and I will check regularly.

My question though is, can we put him in it before we go to bed in the evenings and in the day time for naps while we are down stairs. I want to establish a routine for him but have read that you should not leave a baby sleeping unattended until they are 6 months.

Apart from him napping on the sofa or in his baby chair in the day this is going to be the only place once the moses basket goes and does not seem to comfy.

I want my baby to be safe but comfortable. What did all you all do, any advice would be gratefully received as I am obviously very anxious about this.

Many thanks!

Replies

• As long as you have the monitor (which you've already hinted at) then technically baby isn't unattended because the monitor will alert you if baby needs you.

In an ideal world baby would be in the same room as mum & dad until 6mths old but alas not all of us live in the same circumstances, some babies grow faster than others so will need their cot sooner & depending on the size of home this will either be in the same room or another room in the house.  With a monitor in use you shouldn't notice any difference at night time to having baby in your room or another, you should still be aware of baby stirring/needing you.

• Okay - thanks for replying image