Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Colic or Reflux

My 8 week old son has his needles tomo. I am ready to tear my hair out we think he has had Colic since more a less since he was born. The older he gets the more I think its not. He's been on infacol from birth then gripe water at 4 weeks. Been on Dr browns from bith. He's been on colief for nearly a week. We have good and bad days but its getting more harder to settle him. And now he will only settle on my chest and hates laying down on his back. Tried propping him up nothings working. I'm going to see dr tomo after his needles I really just want to enjoy my little one an not be flapping over feeds and if he will cry or not when where out. I changed him from Sma to aptamil also as he wouldn't tolerate the sma he's been fine on aptamil only now he's not drinking his bottles through the night. Please tell me it gets better and what should I push for at the Drs? From a tired worried Mummy xxx

Replies

• It does get better i promise tho you will not believe me...I didn't when people told me image no one understands what it's like to have an unsettled lil one less they have one and its so hard. Mention to gp if lil one is fussy when feeding and when horizontal. My son was on meds for reflux I can't honestly remember what but I'm not convinced they did much he just had to grow out of it. He's three now and a dream toddler, never a bother and sleeps like a log, tho never napped in the day EVER. I wish you so much luck. Push with the gp and be prepared to be patronised ALOT but it will all be on. Hugs
  • I so feel your pain. Our little girls is 5 weeks today and does not settle either. I am convinced it is colic. Started infacol yesterday and buying dr browns bottle tomorrow. I'm mix feeding too so feeling bad that maybe my diet isn't helping. Have given up dairy for last week but hasn't made that much difference. Feels awful as its all trial and error image

My little boy had reflux and I was give stuff to put in his bottle (can't remember what now) and it defo helped. I remember telling my dr he had reflux and asking for something rather than them telling me. You know your baby and you know if there is something wrong. Don't let them fob you off.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. Hugs xxx
  • Hay my son has severe gord and was on domperidone, omperzole and rantidine but nothing helped so he has to have operation to sort it out. I really hope that  your little one grows out of it as its not nice for them.best of luck x