Forum home Babies Baby

Sensitive skin?

I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem. 

My almost 7 week old son seems to have very sensitive skin that comes and goes. He has spots on his face which look like baby acne, and also has what looks like cradle cap from his forehead to his crown. The spots seem better some days and worse others. I'm breastfeeding him, so I thought that something I was eating was affecting him, so I started a food diary, and ate exactly the same thing for 4 days straight. And it didn't make any difference, some days the spots were better and some days they were worse. 

I was also cleaning his bum the other day after a bath, and where I rubbed (gently) with a sponge turned livid red. There was nothing on the sponge but water. The weird thing is there was Johnson's Baby Wash in the water of his bath, and he didn't react to that, just to the sponge.

Today, my dad held him, and where my son's cheek had been on my dad's shoulder got really bad spots and turned really red after 2 or 3 minutes of my dad holding him. I haven't noticed this before, but because I had pregnancy ezema, I switched to very mild baby washing powder, and am still using that. So I'm holding him most of the time, and even his bed clothes are washed in that, and he doesn't react. 

But the weird thing is I'm using wipes on his bum, he is not reacting. Other people have held him, and he hasn't reacted. It's only on his face and neck by the way, not over his whole body. And it doesn't seem to bother him, he's a really happy baby generally, if it was annoying or hurting him, I'd expect him to be much fussier. 

So I'm at a bit of a loss. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!