Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Blue around lips

My youngest is 7 months old today. At 4 months he was diagnosed with FTT and Pnemonia. We battled FTT (failure to thrive) for 2 months before he was finanly back on the charts. Well, recently he got Pnemonia again. Now, he has blue around his lips but his tongue and lips aren't blue. I took him to the ER and at Triage his O2 level was 94 and in the room it was 100. His chest x-rays and cbc came back normal so we were discharged but something doesn't feel right. I am not sure why I have this nagging feeling but there is something wrong with my baby and the doctors at the ER didn't figure it out. They checked his lungs but didn't check his heartimage

Replies

• Sorry to hear of your story, sometimes as a parent you know your child best & have to fight to get heard.  I can understand to a point why they would check lungs if blue around the mouth as it would suggest struggling to breathe/blocked airway but you are also right in that you would think they would also check heart/circulation which goes hand in hand with the whole 'getting oxygen to the body'.  At this point I would probably be asking for LO to be referred to rheumatology/trauma units to determine whether there is an underlying health condition (auto-immune illnesses can affect circulation).  Best wishes & good luck. X