Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Gave baby sleepytime tea

My three month old hasn't been sleeping well due to a tooth she has coming through. I'm a first time mother, so hardly anything comes naturally and I don't really know all the do's and don't s. She wakes up once every hour sometimes three times in an hour and yesterday I was exhausted to say the least so when she woke up at two I was ready to try anything. I got her down at three and gave her a bottle of sleepy time tea. I'm pretty sure it was watered down because I didn't let it steep for four minutes, but nonetheless I did give it to her. She's still asleep now but is moving around as usual. My roommate mentioned having this for her 17 month old and I jokingly said I needed to they it on my daughter. She said it might work nut gave no indication that I shouldnt give my 3mo tea. So I assume she didn't know either. So...that's been a few weeks ago and so I tried it.again, I had no idea I probably shouldn't do that until now. I checked the lable to see an age chart but nothing was there so I assumes it would be okay, but a little to late did I realize I should probably check with someone.  Its just been about three hours ago . And she's acting normal in her sleep, but I'm still wrried to death. I gave it to her to help her sleep so I could rest up, but now I'm far too worried for that. Has anyone else done this or know what I should do now. I've already called the hospital to see what I should do and I was told to basically just make sure she can wake up. Currently she has a bottle of watered down formula to try and flush it out of her.

Replies

• Hey did she wake up yet? X

• Yes. She's actually up kicking in a better mood than she has been in awhile. Yelling for me to get up and play withher so I think she'll be okay. I checked the ingeridients and There didnt seem to be anything that would hur t a infant, and the box said great for all ages, but I'll probably not give it to her again as a just in case. But thank you for your concern. image

• Good stuff. My little one was almost 1 when she started having milky tea she's almost 4 n still loves a cup of tea with a sweetener in x

• I'm glad it worked, but also glad I didn't make her sick or anything. I was thinking I would probably call her doctor to see if it would be okay to give her some more. Nothing happened this time around, but I want to check with doc as a just in case. Because she also has a tooth coming through which I think is to blame for her sleep lately.