Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

brain bleed

Hi there, I'm new here and my lo is now 7 mths and appears to be thriving, but at 5 wks he had a seizure while I was changing his nappy, we spent the next 9 days in hospital having every kind of test. Most scary thing that has ever happened to me in my life! In total he had 13 seizures before he was put on an anticonvulsant and he's been seizure free since. The bleed was in his left thalamus and the last MRI in June showed some focal residual atrophy. Even though he's reaching all his milestones, he sits independently and is trying very hard to stand/ crawl. He makes great eye contact and he's self feeding in blw. I'm just wondering has anyone else experienced this and how's their lo?,I'm worried about epilepsy and language as the bleed was on the left side.. anyway thanks for any info. Btw Id love to chat about anything else too, breastfeeding, labour and blw etc. Cheers!

Replies

• I didn't want to read and run and I apologise as shave no knowledge on the subject but just wanted to say how hard this must have been for you and your little one and I'm glad that he is reaching all his milestones now!! Xx

• Thanks rose86, it was terrifying but as time passes it seems like a bad dream now.. its amazing how we deal with stuff wen we hav to- just each minute,hour, day etc at a time. Never take anyone for granted, its hard but I remind myself now how valuable everyone is and how fragile we all are.x
  • Totally agree with you! Life is precious! Xx

• all i can offer is a hug image *hugs*

• Sorry I don't have any advice to offer because I don't know anything about the subject except for what you just told me. I can't even imagine how that must be, and I don't want to have to. All I can say is that I'm glad this happened to somebody who is strong and had the necessary resources to treat it! Xx

-------------------------------------------------------------

Julie

http://bestkidsneeds.hubpages.com/hub/Best-Top-Rated-Baby-Gliding-Rocking-Chair-with-an-Ottoman-Review

• Hi Luloo,

I haven't any children myself yet, however i do work with children and young people with epilepsy, so if nothing else, i can try and send you in the right direction for any advice you might want on epilepsy.

Best Wishes for you and your LO x

• Thanks for all your support! Dizmo I actually work with adult s with intellectual disabilities and thats how I recognised the seizure as I have experience with epilepsy also! When we first went to er the doctors didnt really think it was a seizure and sent us home, it was only when my husband managed to get the 2 nd seizure on film with his fone that they admitted him. They then reckoned I had seen the first seizure, I no epilepsy isnt the worst and I was/am worried about developmental delay or a degenerative epilepsy but it doesnt seem to be the case at the moment, hes really doing great, today he is 30 weeks and sitting, crawling, babbling and smiling all the time- hes a terrible sleeper thou he but I think thats because he's so distracted during the day that hes starving at night and hes waking to breastfeed every 2 hours! Theyre only babies once though and ill miss it when I wean him ill miss it. I just hope it never happens again of course and that he wont have any long term problems as result. I know how hard life can be when theres a learning disability..im doing sign language with him.. he seems to be fine.great personality! Thanks again.