Forum home Babies Baby

pram

Hi,  I was just wondering what prams everyone is looking at/have picked?

I had chosen the icandy peach 2 long before I fell pregnant.  I went to our local stockist the other week to have a look and price it up.  I fell in love straight away and was sure that's what I want.

It comes to just over £1000 for the pram, carrycot, car seat and adapters but our local store offers 10% discount so it'll be just over £900 for everything.

My parents and friend have said I should shop around before making a definite decision as they've said this is very expensive.  I have had a quick look but haven't seen anything else I like.  So I wondered...what have you all been looking at/chosen? And how much is it?  For anyone who's bought an icandy...is it really worth the money?  Or are you just paying for the name?

Thanks xxx

Replies

• I'm going for the venicci travel system it comes in 50 colours and for 300 quid u get absolutely loads. the pram attachment even has rockers underneath to turn it in to like a rocking carry cot sort of thing. I heart! I'm going for the white frame and think black pushchair as not overly keen on the pinks or blues x

• I had a right nightmare picking a pram. Was constantly looking at the Silver Cross 3d as it covered nearly all my wants but not the hubby's. don't really like most of the new style ones as I think they look too modern for my liking. Went into Mothercare with hubby to look and came away with the Mothercare Orb. It covers all my wants and hubby's as it has a straight across handle, can face both directions in either pram or seat mode, easy to fold, fits in my car and so my mum found out can be used easily at tables when eating out. 

• Hi MrsB,

I fell in love with the iCandy also. I was told that it was like a Ferrari in the land of pushchairs ha ha. However after looking around I decided that I will buy the Quinny Moodd - white frame with pink for a girls and white frame with black for a little boy image I also looked at Stokkee Explory, which I absolutely loved to start with (very expensive and the full pack would have cost in excess of £1,500), but then I tested it in Mothercare and it tipped over a couple of times so I decided against it. They are actually pretty plasticky and not worth 1K+.

My definite choice is the Quinny Moodd, if it is still in stock when I need one image The second favourite is the iCandy Peach / iCandy Peach Blossom - love the turquise one for a little boy image

How are you getting on MrsB?

xx

• Thanks guys.  I spoke to my hubby last night n he's adamant we should get the icandy as that's the one we both want.  I'm going to have a sneaky look to see if there's anything else I like though.

im doing okay thanks sweetjudy.  I have an appointment with the midwife tomorrow so hopefully we can get the ball rolling with a scan etc.  I'm feeling very impatient as it seems to be taking forever.  I have just found out my cousins fiancé is also pregnant, she's 10 weeks whereas I'm only 7 but she's had 2 scans already as she has miscarried previously.  Fingers crossed though everything is looking okay for her at the mo.

How are you doing?xxx

• I can't wait to start shopping!! I've got my heart set on a Bugaboo at the moment but in saying that i haven't been in a babycare shop since like a year and a half so im sure there will be plenty new ones on the market that i should have a look at 1st! I've got friends from working in Mothercare so im sure when i tell them they will all have an opinion on which one i should get!

LH86 where stocks your one? we are quite limited in places in my city as far as i know we only have Mothercare ToysRus mamas n papas and john lewis that you can actually go in and phisically look at and play with them b4 deciding what you want!