Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

can-i-put-my-3month-old-in-his-pram-suitable-from-6months

yea i know sounds odd but here it goes.... i bought a travel system... get the chassis, carseat, carrycot and seat suitable from 6months. so the carrycot is ok but my baby is alot more alert not and loves to look around but cant see anything because hes lying flat, and i dont like the fact hes not strapped in!! so i put on the seat suitable from 6months and it faces forwards or parent facing and hass 3 positions.... lie flat, half sitting up, and sitting right up. i took him out in it yesterday with it half sitting up, he loved looking around and could see everything, its not in anyway making him hold up his own body weight... infact hes even more tilted backwards than his carseat and bouncy chair!! so is it really only suitable from 6months if its only half sitting up???

Replies

• Options

They do say all babies should lie flat til they are 6 months but as everyone knows all babies develop at different rates.

I'd say to go with your own judgement hun if your little one likes sitting up looking at the world go by then let him! if he wasnt comfortable them im sure he would soon let you know! cant be much fun looking at a hood while in his carry cot! plus as you say it still goes flat so if he falls asleep while your out you can put it flat!

x

• Options

I put my lo in her push chair seat at 10 weeks. She loved being able to see what was goin on as it was an outward facing one. Just had it leaning back a bit n made sure she was strapped in tight enough. If you're comfortable with it then go for it! X

• Options
    My little boy has reflux so he's been sitting up since the beginning, before I knew he had reflux (silent) I had him lying flat and he started choking so I sat him up straight away! Hes never been flat on his back in the buggy!
  • Options

Both my son and daughter were able to sit unaided by 4 months so if this next little one is sitting I will allow 'it' to sit. Trust your instincts. xx

• Options

My LO  was 3/4 months when she went into her iCandy Cherry and she was absolutely fine! I'd always put her in the car seat on the chassis wheels from birth as she HATED being flat on her back!