Forum home Babies Baby

Feeding my baby

every 3 hours and 5oz through the night where she sometimes will sleep 4 hours . Health visitor has told me not to feed her anymore but she is clearly still hungry the 4 in the day is not satisfying her where still biteing her hand !! Should I up her feed ? Help !!

Replies

• Help me please my baby girl is 5 weeks old and she is on formale where she will want 4 0z every 3 hours and 5oz through the night where she sometimes will sleep 4 hours . Health visitor has told me not to feed her anymore but she is clearly still hungry the 4 in the day is not satisfying her where still biteing her hand !! Should I up her feed ? Help !!
  • why not try her on the hungry baby milk see if that will make a difference? Anyway Mummy knows best if you feel she needs a bit extra you can put it up if she doesn't want it she will just throw it back up! x

• I breastfed and fed on demand- you never no how much they took in a feed sometimes every hour! I know that babies have growth spurts at 5/6 weeks. Ive also heard now that theyre encouraging bottle feeding on demand more than set feeds. Personally I wud increase the amoint of formula by an ounce in her bottle for 1 or 2 feeds and see.. hungry formula contains more casein which is a milk protein thats harder to digest so it bulks baby up but as far as I no it doesn't feed them extra calories. ..I would feed her a bit more.. good lick.