Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Has anyone else had a horrible experience with Waterbabies?

Has anyone else had a horrible experience with Waterbabies?    They locked the door to the pool last week (Mon 4th Nov) before my son's lesson had started (I arrived 3 mins before the class was due to begin) and it took 13 minutes for me to get the attention of the teacher (by hammering on the window) and for her to get another mother to unlock the door. By this time - 10 mins into a 30 min lesson - it would have been very upsetting for my baby (a nervous swimmer) to be expected to do scary exercises (like being pulled underwater and then let go) without the usual warm-up.  So I went home and sent an email, asking for a refund for that class. I was rung back the next day by the woman who owns the company (who, it turned out, was the one who locked the door early) who refused me a refund on the grounds that there had been 20 minutes of the lesson left by the time I was finally let into the pool.  In an increasingly heated phone conversation, she repeatedly interrupted and talked over me, accusing me of lying about what time I'd arrived at the pool. She even added that Waterbabies never gives refunds "even when a complaint is far more legitimate than yours". Sure enough, a bit of research has revealed loads of mothers who feel ripped off and cheated by Waterbabies: http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews236690.html I'm really upset. Teaching my little boy to swim was one of the things I was looking forward to most - and now I've had a horrible row with this awful woman, feel totally cheated and obviously can't finish the term (very expensive, all pre-paid) - so worst of all, my baby is the one who ends up losing out. Please spread the word! There are loads of swimming groups out there. Waterbabies is by far the most expensive, yet have 8-10 babies in a class compared to something like Swimming Nature, which is £10 and has (in its Cricklewood class) just 3 babies. The number of kids in the Waterbabies' class means they receive almost no one-to-one attention. The exercises are rushed through and the focus on pushing the babies underwater makes, in my experience, for a class of spluttering, stunned & often crying children rather than the happy, laughing kids I've seen at my nephew's far more gentle and personalised Swimming Nature classes.    If ever there was an uncaring, over-regimented money-making conveyor belt, then Waterbabies, in my opinion, is it. As I say, please spread the word. I wish someone had warned me!